With decades of experience in compliance and regulatory responsibilities, BMB’s Compliance Director regularly assists clients on the phone, in person, and via email with a variety of complex issues. Our expertise in health care reform, ERISA, HIPAA, and other key statutes helps to support human resource and finance personnel in a number of ways.
COMMON COMPLIANCE ISSUES ADDRESSES BY BMB COMPLIANCE DIRECTOR
- ACA Employer Shared Responsibility, 6055 and 6056 reporting questions
- Form 5500 filing and Wrap Plan questions
- ERISA Plan Document and Section 125 election questions
- COBRA responsibilities and eligibility
- HIPAA privacy concerns and handling of a possible breach
- Consumer Driven Health Plan questions—(HSAs, HRAs, and healthcare FSAs)
- FMLA administration support
Part of BMB’s Compliance offering is the inclusion of required health plan notices during Open Enrollment . These notices are kept up-to-date and included for you in your Open Enrollment materials, helping you avoid significant penalties from the Department of Labor and eliminating your need to issue these notices separately.
Compliance Newsletters are sent regularly to remind employers of upcoming key deadlines and to keep everyone informed on new regulations and developments in compliance.
BMB also hosts Client Seminars that feature our Compliance Director educating the audience about important legal requirements for health plans. Previous topics have included potential changes to the ACA; the basics of FMLA; and how Medicare enrollment affects employer health plans.